Saturday, March 13, 2010

TAINT

TAINT; it is an abbreviation for Touchdown after an Interception. Why would I title my post as TAINT? This is the only way I can remember SuperBowl XLIV; interception by Manning and the score by Saints. One play that sealed the victory for Saints and shutdown the doors for a 2nd ring for Peyton Manning and the Colts.

It's been more than a month since that play happened but I have been unable to get the courage to switch to NFL Network channel or read extensively about football. I do keep myself updated about the football world but I am not breathing football anymore, I just can't do it. Time will heal the loss and time will make that ill fated throw less hurtful but it will take some time for time to work the magic.

Before time does what it is supposed to do, I can use writing to go through the sad phase. NFL draft is just around the corner. Rookies, mini camps, training camps, holdout dramas are not that far. NFL season is getting closer. We have very active free agency. Uncapped salary years made the team little less thrifty. Peppers and Boldin were the biggest signings. LT is unemployed, not for long though, TO is not a Bengal, Chad is dancing with the stars and Sergi is backup of baby Manning. All part of the Not for Long league.

Let's get ready, dust off our jerseys and reverse the hats. NFL season is just around the corner and that TAINT is little less painful with each passing day.

No comments: